A₂O® Advanced Automated Osmometer
A fully automated, multi-sample osmometer that sets the new benchmark for analytical performance, ease of use, and true walkaway operation.
Make an Enquiry
The A2O™ from Advanced Instruments is a fully automated, multi-sample osmometer that incorporates over 50 years of applied technology experience in the field of freezing-point osmometry. The A2O combines a functional design, exceptional analytical performance and an intuitive software control package that is both powerful and elegantly simple to operate. Every aspect of the A2O has been intelligently engineered to fully automate osmolality testing with ease and simplicity. It is ideally suited for today’s busy laboratories, which are being asked to achieve more results, faster — yet with fewer resources.
- Flexible Sample Testing — The test setup features of the A2O, allow you to develop customized sample testing protocols specific to your laboratory or test method. All Advanced calibration and control solutions are bar coded so the system can automatically distinguish between control solutions and lab samples. Replicate samples can be processed from a single sample test tube, allowing the system to process samples and control solutions in a variety of different ways. Choose from a predefined list of test protocols, or develop one specifically for your test method.
- Built-in Quality Control — The A2O software package comes complete with a host of enabling quality control features, including:
- Automated system calibration with statistical graphing and reporting features
- Built-in system linearity check with statistical reporting capabilities
- Ability to set method control limits for system controls and patient samples
- Ability to track quality control data over time and construct Levey-Jennings charts
- Statistical monitoring and graphing of daily controls
- Ability to abort test sequence if control limits are out of specification.
- Selectable System Operation and Access Levels — A2O system operation and access can be configured in a variety of different ways, depending on the needs of your laboratory. Open access is allowed for any operator to run samples and edit test protocols. A supervisor mode is available that disallows certain operations. Operator login and password protection are also available, allowing the system to associate test results with operator ID.
- STAT Sample Capability — When you need a test result fast, simply initiate the STAT feature and let the system do the rest. The STAT sample is seamlessly processed using the same test protocol without disrupting the current test sequence. It’s that simple.
- Enhanced LIS and Data Management Capability — The A2O features bidirectional data communications, a Windows® CE operating system and an onboard computer, plus Ethernet and multiple USB ports to enhance connectivity and data transfer. The A2O also offers the ability to store test results over a user-defined period, along with an enhanced search capability to retrieve archived test results. Test data can easily be exported to a thumb drive or external memory device, allowing the system to associate test results with operator ID.